Tuesday, October 26, 2010

walking through this world

In the evenings when I get home, most of the time all I can think about is getting in the bathtub. Until I get in the tub, I continue to feel stressed and I can't relax. I feel weighed down. It feels like my neck and shoulders cannot relax. But after a bath, I feel better, renewed, relaxed. If I have had a bath earlier in the evening I will still stick my feet in the tub and rinse them off before I get in the bed.
Tonight I was in the tub and I asked the Lord why I am like this.  The Lord spoke to me and said remember the disciples in the upper room with Jesus during the last supper. Jesus just told the disciples that he was going to wash the world off their feet. He told them that there was no need to bath again and again..it was just your feet that was getting dirty as they walked through the world; they were clean...just their feet (Jn 13:4-15).  Then the scripture said Jesus reclined again after He washed their feet. Jesus probably knew the only way the disciples could relax and converse with Jesus was after the sin of the world was washed from them. Then in the scripture it says that Jesus told them to wash each other's feet. Practically speaking, how do we wash each others feet...get in the presence of the Word. Jesus is the Word and the disciples were in the presence of the Word of God. The Word will wash away the world from your feet. Relax and recline at His breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment