Sunday, October 24, 2010

parables---in real life.

God started to explain to me about the spiritual things of God by giving me worldly examples. God does this in scripture by using parables to explain a concept.
Well sort of along the same lines... God gave me a spiritual concept by using .....things of sexual nature.

I started sensing that my relationship with God was changing from a father/child relationship to more of a husband/wife relationship. He started explaining that the husband/wife relationship trumps all other relationships because of the intimacy factor. This is what He showed me one afternoon. My older son Wes had answered the phone. As he was talking I glanced his way and looked at him..nothing was on my mind. God spoke to me very clearly and said...."You will never know him in the same way his wife will know him; If you did it would not be a healthy relationship but an incestuous relationship. His wife will know all of him and you will respect her position in his life". God spoke that in a matter of about 2 seconds yet time stood still for several mins. I stood there trying to process what God had just shown me and had tears running down my face. (Wes had no idea what was going on). Thoughts went through my mind like: I was going to be a horrible mother in law if God would not have shown me this or I did not really understood the progression of my relationship with God from a child to an adult woman.
From this point on,  I view God as more of my husband than my father, which at time I guess is appropriate. But honestly, I don't want to go back to the child/father relationship..its not fulfilling. You see the example? God intends for us to grow up and enter into an adult relationship with Him which includes intimacy. There is no other relationship we have on this earth other than the husband/wife relationship that includes intimacy. Husband and wife become One ...ie.. intercourse. God wants to become one with us through his Holy Spirit in which we know each other intimately. God showed me that a child's healthy goal while growing up to be an adult is to become independent of his/her parent. IN the husband/wife relationship the goal is to become closer/more dependent of each other. Do you see the ultimate goal of each relationship is polar opposite of each other. So... how can we continue to be in a father/child relationship and expect to grow in intimacy with God. The relationship must change. How does the relationship change..growth in our relationship with God where we realized that God want there to be a reciprocal exchange of love which is deeper than being told what to do and obeying commandments. It is developing the intimate exchange of love, worship, exposing yourself/weaknesses and being vulnerable and unashamed in front of the one who loves you with all His heart (which was expressed through His son, Jesus).

No comments:

Post a Comment